Tagged Under:

Cougar Town?

By: Unknown On: 4:48 PM
  • Share The Gag



  • I have always been the kind of girl who has never enjoyed dating guys my own age.
    When I was 16 I went out with a guy who was 23. When I was 19 I was dating a 17 year old (and taking his virginity). Now at the age of 23 I wonder if I am supposed to be looking for the older guy to settle with, or the younger guy to have fun with.

    I have always found that guys my own age are very immature. Well, they do say the male brain is three years behind the female. So that means a guy my age really acts like a 20 year old. So if I start dating a 20 year old, really he has the brain of a 17 year old? What I have noticed is that younger guys will always try harder to be at your maturity level, mainly to impress you.

    “A man who hasn’t had many or any long-term relationships is far more likely to be open to friendly instruction,” says Dr Pam Spurr. "He’s still exploring and learning, so you’ve got a better opportunity to mould him.” “A younger man may not have fallen in love before, so you might be his first." “That can make it feel incredibly exciting for both of you.” That said, it might also make him overly intense. “Not having dealt with these deep feelings before might make him come on too strong, in terms of commitment or even jealous behaviour,” says Dr Pam.

    More women than ever before are looking outside of their own age group to find love, and according to the Office for National Statistics, it’s mostly cougars on the prowl. More women are marrying younger men than ever before. Celebs are doing it too: Halle Berry, Madonna and Demi Moore have all tried younger men, while women like Catherine Zeta Jones and Katie Holmes got hitched to older guys. Dating out of your age bracket can work to your advantage but will also have the disadvantages. Look at Caroline Flack. She is 32 years old and has just started dating Harry Styles from One Direction who is only 17 years old. Like I said earlier, I am a girl who will date younger guys but come on.. that is just wrong. She had nearly finished high school when he was born. From what I have seen, she has been getting lots of hate mail and I am not suprised. (most probably frome me cos he is MY man and she needs to plank on a knife!!) Demi Moore, 49, married Ashton Kutcher 32 a few years back. Now they are on the brink of a divorce due to cheating rumours on Ashton's behalf.

    So, can dating a younger guy lead to disaster? Will they get bored and cheat? Or do some of these 'cougars' do it due to boredm? Do they think dating a younger guy will keep them on their toes? Lets be honest, women age very gracefully so it is easy to bag a younger guy but you need to be sure of what you want before you get too involved. If casual is more you thing then go for it, but if you are looking for something more long term, make sure he is aware of that.

    I guess some women will go for the 'toyboy' if they just cannot deal with the 'baggage' that may come with an older man EG divorce, an ex wife, divorce etc.

    Once a man hits around 35, he’s usually got a good idea of what he’s good at and what he’s not. So he is less likely to be changeable in terms of his career, the way he behaves, but it also makes him less fickle when it comes to love. He has been there, done it and probably got more notches on his bed post than you. Well, some of you! You will probably have more security when it comes to the older guy.

    “The advantage of a man who’s been around the block is that he’s learned from his exes,” says Dr Pam. “Every relationship, every break-up has a lesson in it.” And there’s the physical knowledge too. “Men who have been in long-term relationships learn a lot about women’s bodies,” Ok so thats good. Date an older guy and maybe he will actually be able to find my G-spot and not think its a watch when I ask him to look for it - (this is what happened with the 17 year old back in the day!!)

    After thinking about all of this I decided to make a top 5 list of my hottest younger guys and older men.

    Top 5 Older men I would get it on with:
    1) Eric Dane - aka McSteamy from Greys Anatomy
    2) Dermot Mulroney - best know for his roles in The Wedding Date and My Best Friends Wedding
    3) Antonio Banderas - The sexy Spaniard
    4) Patrick Swayze - Obviously in his Dirty Dancing days..
    5) Gerard Butler - From the moment he played Gerry in PS I Love You, I fell in love

    Top 5 Younger guys I would get it on with:
    1) Harry Styles - One Direction
    2) Taylor Lautner - aka Jacob in Twilight.. oooh topless in each film. Yum.
    3) Zack Efron - Need I say more?
    4) Frankie Cocozza - He may be a shameful coke whore but that rocker vibe does it for me and then he can add my name to his ass
    5) Jeremy Sumpter - He believed in fairies in Peter Pan and he can believe in me being his fairy godmother :)

    Would love to hear from you guys if you have had a relationship with the Toyboy or the older guy and how it went for you?
    Twitter: @LittleMissVak
    Email: blogdoll21@gmail.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LMissV

    Little Miss V..xx